Effective December 28, 2018
Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy, we are providing this notice explaining our online information practices and what choices you have about the way your information is collected and used.
CODA is a health and wellness brand located in Los Angeles, CA. Our mission is to help high-performing professionals manage their stress, anxiety, and brain performance through top-tier nutritional products, accessories, and practices.
What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to our newsletter, respond to a survey or fill out a form.
When ordering or registering on our website, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number or credit card information.
Additionally, when visiting our website, we may automatically collect certain information about your device and usage of our products and services. This is common data collection information and helps us provide a better experience for you.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
- To improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
- To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
- To process transactions
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature
- To send periodic emails (The email address you provide for order processing, may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.)
Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information.
All traffic to and submitted on our website is transmitted via industry standard, Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption. Examples of this traffic includes login credentials, order forms, contact forms, and normal webpage views. All credit card and other payment details are secured in the same way, and is neither stored by CODA, nor directly accessible by their employees.
Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of processing your orders, delivering the purchased product or service requested or otherwise facilitating your use of our website or products.
Do we share any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, facilitating transactions with us for you or otherwise servicing you. We only share your information with trusted third parties that agree to keep it confidential and comply with privacy obligations. Examples of such third parties are payment gateways and warehouse programs used in the shipping of orders. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses. In certain situations, we may also be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
Your options and privacy rights under GDPR
- Opting out. If you have consented to receive information from us, you can always opt out or unsubscribe.
- Accessing your information. You have the right to request a copy of the information we hold about you. If you would like to request a copy of some or all of your information, please contact us and we will assist you with your request.
- Correct, update or request deletion. You may contact us directly to manage your account information or correct, update or request deletion of any of your personal information.
- Cookies: If you prefer, you can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies via your browser settings. Like most websites, if you turn your cookies off, some of our services may not function properly. However, you can still place orders by contacting customer service. For more information about cookies and how to remove them from your browser you can visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Issue a complaint. You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about the collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. Information regarding data protection authorities in the EEA is available at http://ec.europa.eu/justice/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm.
- Concerns. Additional questions and concerns regarding the information in this policy can be directed to email@example.com
Other useful information
Legal Basis for Collecting Personal Information (EEA Persons Only)
If you are from the European Economic Area, our legal basis for collecting and using your information will depend upon the information we collect and why. We typically collect and use your information where it is in our legitimate interest and that interest is not overridden by your privacy rights and data protection interests. Our legitimate interests may include giving you a better experience on our website, providing you with a service or product, marketing our products and services, and maintaining and enhancing our technology for your use.
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Because we value your privacy we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
Childrens’ Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Childrens’ Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
Terms and Conditions
This policy was last modified on December 28th, 2018.